“Astana LRT” was established in April, 2011under the Department of Passenger Transport and Highways of Astana in accordance with the Decree of the Mayor’s Office of Astana.
This transport enterprise was set the tasks as follows:
- establishment of new transport system of Astana that will involve Light Rail Transport (LRT) and Intellectual Transport System (ITS);
- Modernization of transport complex in Astana;
- Implementation of innovative projects in the transport industry with the application of new technologies;
- Transport and infrastructure management;
Currently, “Аstana LRT” organizes the transport strategy of the city and sets new standards by implementing the current and potential projects as:
- Light Rail Transport (LRT)
- Operators system of public transport
- Information system for road users
- City Bus 1, 2, 3
- Modernization of route network in public transport
- Electronic fare payment system
- Paid parking
- City taxi
- School bus (school transportation)
- Electronic transport model of Astana
- Enclosed bus stop shelters
- Municipal bus fleet
“Astana LRT” LLP consists of three branches – Center for Transport Operators of Astana, Competency Center for Transport Experts of Astana, and Service for Transport Control.
In addition, “Аstana LRT” LLP conducts transport research, analysis of the city road network, passenger flow, flows correspondence with the involvement of international consultants of the leading companies as Systra, Typsa, Swarco, EBRD, Bureau Veritas, PwC and etc.